banner68
banner58

TCC appoints Alan Jackson a new CEO, Makanza becomes board chairman

A statement issued by the company said, the new GM is taking over from Maj Abdou who relocates to another JTI entity.

TCC appoints Alan Jackson a new CEO, Makanza becomes board chairman

A statement issued by the company said, the new GM is taking over from Maj Abdou who relocates to another JTI entity.

21 August 2017 Monday 20:06
TCC appoints Alan Jackson a new CEO, Makanza becomes board chairman

By Felix Andrew

THE Board of directors of Tanzania Cigarette Company (TCC) has appointed Alan Kilgarigge Jackson as the new General Manager and Chief Executive Officer effectively from September 1st this year.

A statement issued by the company said, the new GM is taking over from Maj Abdou who relocates to another JTI entity.

It said Paul Makanza was appointed as new Chairman of Board effectively 1st September 2017, taking over from Abdou whose tenure expires on 31st August 2017.

The Board’s decision to adopt major changes which is according to Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange Rules which state that any substantial change of company directorate must be disclosed as part of continuing listing obligation.

TCC, a member of the JTI Group of Companies, boasts a proud history that reflects the way the country itself has re-shaped over the past half a century.

The Company was established as East African Tobacco in 1961, just a few years later the Government of Tanzania acquired 60 percent equity in the Company, as part of Tanzania’s Nationalization program and the remaining 40 percent in 1975.

In 1995, RJ Reynolds acquired a 51 percent stake in TCC. In 1999, Japan Tobacco Inc. (JT) acquired all non-US Tobacco operations of RJ Reynolds, including its 51 percent stake in TCC. In September 2000, JT, through its international tobacco division, Japan Tobacco International (JTI), increased its shareholding in TCC from 51 percent to 75 percent, making JTI the majority shareholder in TCC.

Today, TCC is listed at the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange, and the organization shares a common aspiration with the nation for success and respect, guided by our three core values – enterprising, open and challenging.

Azania Post

Comments
Avatar
Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
<strong>Warning!</strong> Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.