A mobile phone exploded inside a man's pocket while he was having a lunch at a restaurant in India's western state of Maharashtra, officials said Wednesday.
The explosion took place while the man was having lunch at a restaurant in Bhandup area of Mumbai, the capital city of Maharashtra.
"The incident took place on Monday and following the incident the man who suffered minor injuries was taken to hospital due to phone explosion," a police official said.
Video footage of the incident shows the man jumping off his seat, throwing away the phone from the front pocket of his shirt as smoke coming out from his phone and fills the place, triggering panic among the others sitting there.
The man is shown struggling with the smoke and other people too running out from the place.
Officials say they were trying to ascertain the brand name and company of the mobile phone which exploded.
Earlier, in March this year, an 18-year-old girl was killed in Odisha state after her mobile phone blasted while she was talking over it.
The phone was plugged in for charging and reportedly exploded, causing her severe burn injuries.