banner53

Sweden government donates 227.76bn/- to the government of Tanzania

"The fund we have received today will be useful in vaccination services, but also will be used in reducing deaths of pregnancy mother and children under five ye

Sweden government donates 227.76bn/- to the government of Tanzania

"The fund we have received today will be useful in vaccination services, but also will be used in reducing deaths of pregnancy mother and children under five ye

11 September 2017 Monday 17:08
Sweden government donates 227.76bn/- to the government of Tanzania

By Moshi Shabani

Ministry for Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children has received 227.76bn/- from Health Basket Fund from Denmark for improving various health projects in Tanzania.

Speaking at the handing-over ceremony in Dar e Salaam today, Ministry’s Permanent Secretary Dr. Mpoki Ulisubisya said the money will be allocated directly to the health centers purposely for improvement of health services.

"The fund we have received today will be useful in vaccination services, but also will be used in reducing deaths of pregnancy mother and children under five years," he said.

According to Dr. Ulisubisya, 90 percent of the fund will be directly sent to the health centers in Municipal level, while the rest 10 percent will be used for various activities in improving the health services in Tanzania.

Dr. Ulisubisya said among the activities including improving health infrastructure in different dispensary and Health centers allocated across the country.

“With this fund, our specialists will be capable to provide emergency surgery services for pregnancy woman, and injured people in different accidents,” he said.

Danish Ambassador to Tanzania Einar Hebogård Jensen said Sweden supports various development projects including those of health, but also maintain sustainable relationship between the two countries.

Azania Post

Updated: 12.09.2017 10:46
Comments
Avatar
Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
<strong>Warning!</strong> Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.