MANCHESTER UNITED and Arsenal have been handed a boost in their pursuit of Croatia star Ante Rebic.
Eintracht Frankfurt sporting director Fredi Bobic has admitted they are powerless to stop big clubs raiding their top talents.
German publication Bild claimed Manchester United and Arsenal had joined Tottenham in the race for Rebic this week.
And Bobic has now claimed a deal could happen for the 24-year-old.
“I am very happy about the success of Ante Rebic with the Croatian national team,” Bobic told Sport 1.
“The players and the coaching team are watching the World Cup games together in the training camp in the USA and are especially excited about Rebic.
“So far there are no offers available and we’re planning a steady season with Ante Rebic for the new season. Of course we know that a lot can happen when a big club makes an offer.
“We cannot compete economically with the big ones, but that’s nothing new.”
Rebic helped Croatia into their first World Cup final by beating England on Wednesday and they face France on Sunday.
He scored a wonder goal against Argentina in the group stages and has caught the eye of a number of top clubs.
Rebic is said to be valued at £44m meaning he may be priced out of a move to Arsenal, but United are looking to add another forward with Willian and Gareth Bale their top targets.
However if deals for those two aren’t tied up a move for Rebic could be forthcoming.
However the feeling in Germany is that he will head to Bayern Munich to team up with Niko Kovac again after he left Frankfurt for the Bundesliga champions this summer.