EGYPT believe Mo Salah will be ready for the World Cup after releasing an update on his injury.
The Liverpool forward, 25, was facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines with a dislocated shoulder but is now expected to be fit in just three weeks.
A statement from the Egyptian FA confirmed the national hero had met with a doctor in Spain and will “hopefully” take part in the tournament.
The Egyptian FA tweeted: “After the meeting of Abu Rida and the doctor of the national team in Spain today, the Football Association reaffirms Salah in the World Cup, God willing, will not exceed the absence of three weeks.”
Salah himself tried to stay in high spirits despite the blow, telling fans he would be fit earlier this week.
He said: “It was a very tough night, but I’m a fighter.
“Despite the odds, I’m confident that I’ll be in Russia to make you all proud.
“Your love and support will give me the strength I need.”
Furious Liverpool and Egypt fans accused Real Madrid skipper Sergio Ramos of deliberately injuring Salah.
But Liverpool physio Ruben Pons insisted: “Salah has not told me anything about Sergio Ramos.
“I was devastated. I tried to keep him calm. I told him he couldn’t do anything about it now and that he should not worry.
“It was time to look for solutions and not regret that things had not worked out.
“Once we knew the injury, we planned the treatment. He is sad about what happened, but is totally focused on his recovery and seeing when he can be ready.
“He is going to mark the recovery times. In principle it will be three to four weeks, but we are going to try to reduce those deadlines, that’s the big goal.”
Egypt begin their World Cup campaign against Uruguay on June 15, which may come too soon for Salah.
But the in-form speedster could face Russia on June 19 or Saudi Arabia six days later